Things have finally settled down and life is slowly starting to feel "normal" again. Towards the end of this month I felt well adjusted to our new schedule. Emerson has had the hardest time. He doesn't seem to mind baby brother being here, in fact he likes it when Henry is around, however...Emerson is not a fan of the attention that has been taken away from him in order to meet Henry's needs. I am sure given even more time, he will adjust.
Henry just seems to go with the flow around our house and the every day activity to keep up with Emerson.
Here is a breakdown of this month:
Sleeping: I have tried to develop a little nighttime routine, but some nights that goes out the window. We try and give him a bath when Emerson takes his. Not with him (that would be a disaster) just around the same time. Emerson loves to help!
He is still consistently going to bed between 8-9 p.m. Besides going through the growth spurt(s), he has eliminated one of his nighttime feedings and only wakes up twice to eat, around 2 a.m. and then again around 5 a.m. Then up for the day around 7 a.m. This month he started giving me a good 5-7 hour stretch of sleep and then from there it gets shorter. The time change didn't seem to have any real effect on him, thank goodness.
He is taking 4 naps daily, but the timing is still all over the place. He only stays awake for about 1.5 hours before needing to go down for another nap. His late afternoon nap is the longest, lasting about 3 hours and his last nap usually ends around 7 p.m.
Eating: Such an efficient eater! He takes usually only 20 minutes to eat and is satisfied. I have been so blessed that he is a good breast feeder as I know this can be very challenging. He is still eating about every 2-3 hours. Every 2.5 is his norm during the day, unless a nap runs long.
Unfortunately Henry has some serious gas issues. I started eliminating dairy, caffeine and carbonation from my diet and that seemed to help him tremendously. Good for him, very bad for me : ( I am hoping it is something his little tummy outgrows soon, so I can resume my normal diet. Although, I am sure I am much healthier without eating so much cheese and drinking Dr. Pepper.
Activity: Not much to report here. He hangs out in the pouch quite a bit and usually gets the most floor time right after he has been fed and changed. He seems content playing on the floor for about 15 minutes and then he is ready to be held or do something different. Any floor time he gets while Emerson is awake is heavily monitored. Big brother loves to "hug" him, meaning putting his whole body on top of Henry's, or "patting" Henry's head, which sometimes is a little too rough. But it's all done out of love : )
This month he got to take his first road trip out of the state of Texas. Unfortunately his Great-Grandmother Joyce passed away and our reason for the trip was to attend her funeral. It makes me very sad that she never got the chance to hold Henry, but very blessed she at least knew of him and got to see pictures before she passed. On a positive note, Henry got to meet LOTS of relatives from my side of the family. He was a champ on our little road trip!
Doctor Visit Stats:
- weight:11 lbs 8 oz
- height: 23 inches
- other: Got three shots and one liquid vaccine. Surprisingly he hated to liquid drops worse than the shots! He cried and then slept, so I consider that a success.
- Doesn't mind diaper changes anymore.
- Still working on tummy time, and still not liking it much.
- Sleeps in the rock n' play for most naps and bedtime. He needs to get used to his crib, but he just doesn't sleep as well. Doctor said it's time to transition him to a flat surface.
- Does not like to be put down : )
- Getting better with car rides and being in his car seat.
- Starting to lose all his hair!
- Out of all his newborn clothes and into 3 month clothing.
- Still wearing size 1 diapers, but after I finish out his last packaging of diapers, I am switching to size 2.
- Celebrated Daddy's birthday and his first holiday, Valentines Day.
- Loves bath time.
- Starting to smile and coo more. I get the most smiles out of him right after a feeding and diaper change in the mornings.
- Baby acne and cradle cap is finally starting to clear up.
- Grammy coming to visit over Spring Break.
- Friends from Katy coming to visit.