Friday, September 24, 2010

The Working Girl

I think this is the first time in two weeks I have had time to check my blog, e-mail's, facebook, etc. OK, so that may be a little exaggerated, but not by much. I have been working my tail off at work recently. The past two weeks I have been getting to work by 6 a.m. and some night's not leaving till 8 p.m.

The good thing is I love it! It's fun work. I am not pushing papers at six a.m., I am setting up for a golf tournament or a breakfast for volunteers and my evening work consists of having a street party, socializing, eating yummy foods and listening to music. But somehow it is still exhausting. There is a lot of behind the scenes work to prepare for these fun events and at the end of the day I am beat.

To sum it all up, I am tired! I have never felt so tired in my life. I have developed an eye twitch which I have always heard it due to lack of sleep and stress and my poor right eye can't even open for a few minutes while I have a "twitch episode."

This weekend it no work but Jesse and I are volunteering for an organization called Family Health Care Clinic in order to raise money for women who can't afford yearly mammograms. And then in the evening we are attending a YMCA event. Should be fun, but no rest. I plan on catching up in December when work calms down, until then I will have an eye twitch.

-Heather (aka The Working Girl)

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that is busy schedule! You need some down time for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad to hear that you are doing rewarding work and enjoying it so much. Not so glad about the the twitch, but if you promise it will be gone after December I guess that will have to do. So... read any good books lately?

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity