Oh my, Emerson has changed so much in this one month.
We now have our first strand of consonant sounds "mamadadababa." He was saying "mama," but then he learned "dada" and forgot all about me : ( I guess "dada" is just more fun to say. He will also sometimes say "baba." Of course he has no idea what these words are associated to.
Emerson is also crawling! Well, he does an army crawl and on occasion he will get up on all fours and rock back and forth. Jesse claims he has crawled on all fours, but I didn't see it, so it doesn't count.
Due to his new found mobility, we have had to introduce the word "no" more often. He loves to tug on the curtains and chew on shoes (yuck) so those are the two things that get told "no" the most often to. He now will look at me before he goes to touch the curtain, as if he is just waiting to hear me say it.
Also big this month was Emerson got his first tooth! One on the bottom came in and the one next to it is not far behind.
See what I mean by a busy month!?!
Here is a breakdown of this months activities:
Sleeping: We are back to only waking up once in the middle of the night for a snack and then he goes right back to sleep. One time this month he slept ALL NIGHT! Oh how I needed that and I pray I can have more of those soon. His naps are finally starting to regulate more. He usually naps at 9 a.m., 12 p.m. and 3 p.m., give or take 30 minutes. Lately each have been a good 1-1.5 hours long. Because his naps have lengthened a bit, we have officially dropped the fourth nap.
Eating: We can add new things to the "Emerson does not like" list, green beans and peas. I hope its not all green veggies. I think it is a texture thing. He loved apples, and most all fruits for that matter. He also tried his first table foods: a pickle and lime (not at the same time). He loved them!
Activity: He can move pretty fast with his army crawl and he definitely knows how to get to something he wants even if it is across the room. He is also sitting up all by himself really well without any support. Even when he does tip over, he can catch himself.
Love those cheesy smiles because that's when you see his cute dimples : )
Doctor visit stats:
- Weight: ?
- Height: ?
- Other: Obviously we didn't go to any doctor this month, which between the pediatrician and surgeons office I think this will be the first time we haven't seen a doctor within a month. Not complaining one bit!
Caught him mid laugh.
Likes, dislikes and other milestones:
- Favorite toys (right now): Still has some of his favorite toys. I know he is getting a few new ones at Christmas, so curious to see how he takes to those.
- Loves to play with hangers and plastic cups.
- Now that he is mobile, he is starting to get bored with his Jumparoo.
- We discovered a new book that Emerson loves, a Pat-A-Cake book with a Curious George puppet attached. He thinks the puppet is so funny.
- Likes to spit. I am not a fan of this trick.
- Has learned how to fake a cough.
- Loves to touch/scratch different textures, he especially loves to touch pillows.
- Sits upright in the bath tub now and loves to splash.
- Loves to sleep on his belly, bottom in the air.
- Does not like getting dressed or having to use the nasal suction bulb on his nose. He used to not mind either of those.
Things to look forward to:
- First Christmas and New Year!
- Visiting lots of family.
Ending this post with his classic confused look.