What a busy month this has been for this boy! Highlights include his first beach vacation, started solids, moved up to his own room, and started babbling.
Brotherly love also grew this month : ) For the first time, Emerson asked to hold Henry and lately has been very interested in picking him up. He tries, but says "Hen Hen too heavy" and then moves on. Baby steps. It's taken 7 months for him to warm up to Henry, but I love seeing them interact in small ways.
Eating: Henry got his first taste of solid food, butternut squash. He was not very impressed by it. In fact, food in general does not impress him. So far he has tried butternut squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, pears, carrots, apples, peaches and peas. His favorites were pears, peaches and peas. At first, the foods he tried would make him gag and he'd make sour faces, but over time he has really got that hang of this whole eating solids business. He would still rather just play with the spoon than actually eat what's on it.
He also is still nursing every 3-4 hours, so 5-6 times a day, with 1-2 night feedings. Hoping we drop those night feedings soon!
Activity: This kid has found a few new sounds. He has started babbling, saying "yeah, yeah, yeah" and "dadada."
Henry's phase of screaming seems to have passed, thank goodness! My poor ears couldn't take it anymore.
Diaper changes have become very interesting. All he wants to do is roll over. It's impossible now to dress him or change his diaper unless he is on his tummy.
Sleeping: big news in this department is that we moved him up to his own crib at night time. Not going to lie, this created some challenges. He actually started adding in a night waking and he once went to sleep without any fuss, but when we moved him he started protesting when I left the room. It took some time, but he adjusted and we are almost back on track.
Henry blessed me one night this month by sleeping 10 straight hours! Still not quite "sleeping through the night," but I'll take it!
We are in the awkward nap tranistion from 3-2 naps. Most days he takes 3, but some days he fights his last nap. It's so hard to predict. He did go through a short stint where he was taking short naps, but thankfully that didn't last long. Normal sleep schedule looks something like this:
7:00 a.m. Wake
9:00 a.m. Nap 1 (lasts 1-1.5 hours)
1: p.m. Nap 2 (2-3 hours)
5:00 p.m. Cat nap
7-8 p.m. Bedtime
Doctor Visit Stats:
- Height: ?
- Weight: ?
*no doctor visit this month
Likes, Dislikes and Other Milestones:
- First time to see and touch the ocean.
- Took first vacation.
- Took first trip to the zoo, Gulf Breeze zoo. He slept the whole time.
- Hair is finally starting to grow in! It's really dark on the sides and light brown on top.- Makes spit bubbles.
- My best friend, Julie, came to visit and the boys loved spending time with her.
- Likes to put his foot in his mouth and suck on his toes.
- His eyes have officially turned brown. No more hints of blue or green.
- Took first road trip with just mom and brother. Henry did pretty well, Emerson did not.
- Wears size 3 diaper and size 6-9 month clothing. Phasing out most 6 month clothing though.
- Dislikes most solid food.
- Likes to sit in his highchair at meal times with the rest of he family and happily chew on a spoon.
Things to Look Forward to:
- Visiting friends in Houston, meeting Henry for the first time.
- Big brother starts school, so more one-on-one time with just momma.
- Trip to Tennessee for the TN vs. OU game.