Although my baby has grown up in a blink of an eye, when I look back on the past year it actually feels like it went by very slowly. I think that's because of how much change has happened in one year, it makes it feel more like 10 years.
All week I reflected on certain memories, first time I saw him, first sets of holidays, moments of holding him while he slept, remembering how he looked coming out of surgery (x2), first smile/laugh, etc. Even though there were many sleepless nights and cranky mornings, I would do it over and over again to experience all the joyful moments he has brought Jesse and I.
What a great year...here is a break down of his last month as a "baby":
Sleeping: I think it's official, Emerson sleeps through the night (even away from home)...knock on wood! I didn't have to get up with him in the middle of the night once this month. I love getting a full nights sleep again.
Eating: Still likes to throw food on the floor to show that he is done eating and I am still working on teaching him not to do that. It is a little better. I have taught his to say "all done" and throw his hands in the air as he "says" it. We don't teach baby sign language, it's more like momma's sign language, so we have our own code.
Activity: He will take a few steps while holding your hands, but he would still rather crawl. I am not worried about him walking, I know in his own time he will take his first independent steps. For now I am enjoying this stage, because once he figures out to walk, there is no going back.
Doctor visit stats:
- Weight: 20 lbs 3 oz (31%)
- Height: 30 inches (56%)
- Other: this appointment was a killer! He had four shots and one finger prick : ( He was not a happy camper. Everything else went well though and he is developing on track.
Likes, dislikes and other milestones:
- Likes to swallow food whole, no time for chewing when you are hungry
- I left Emerson overnight for the first time. He did great for daddy!
- Likes to point
- Can now say and understand "duck", "ball", "tractor", "bubble"
- Clucks his tongue
- Knows where my nose is at...but not his : )
- Likes to stand on tippy toes to reach things on the counter
- Now rides in his big boy (convertible) car seat
- Dances/bobs head up and down to music
- Loves to play chase around the house
- So good at cruising that he can cruise along the wall
- Likes to give momma kisses. They melt my heart!
- Has 8 teeth
- Likes to open and shut every door, especially the refrigerator
- Drank from a straw for the first time. We weren't even trying, he just reached over to Grammy's water cup and took a sip
- Dislikes being carried around outside, he would rather crawl on the grass
- Dislikes strawberries...this can't be my child, I hope his tastes change
- Went to his first wedding, Julie and Rob Emery
- Celebrated his first birthday!
"That's a wrap, folks"