Monday, May 19, 2014

Birthday and Mother's Day Weekend

My birthday fell the day before Mother's Day this year, so we decided to make a special trip to Chicago to celebrate the "big" weekend.

It also just so happened that Wisconsin is one of the states we have never traveled to and Milwaukee was only a few hours from Chicago...so it also worked out that we could check Wisconsin off of our state list.

Killing two birds with one stone, that's how we like to do it : )

Chicago by far blew me away. I had low expectations and I was absolutely surprised how beautiful the city was. It is now my top favorite place that we have visited. I would go back in a heart beat!

First things first, we had to eat at a famous Chicago style pizzeria. It takes about an hour to cook this kind of pizza, but it was totally worth the wait.

 At the John Hancock building observation deck. Great views of the city.


On my birthday we traveled to Milwaukee, WI and visited a recommended cheese store. We loved sampling all kinds of cheeses, yum!
We then came back to Chicago and hopped on an architectural boat tour of the city. 
 ...and visited Millennium park.
Sunday was Mother's Day so we had brunch and explored the city a bit more before having to catch our flight.
The place where the Valentines Day Massacre happened (or at least what's left of it). Kind of a downer place, but a great picture at least :) 
 And lastly, the whole reason I celebrate Mother's Day...this sweet boy!

Until next time, Chicago.

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture in the sculpture

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you look real close you can see us posing for a photo in the reflection : )

      Delete
    2. I know; that's what I meant. I can see all three of you right in the center.

      Delete
  2. These are really great pictures!! It looks like you had really great weather. The lighting in the John Hancock Building photos is so perfect! That pizza looks incredible. I think we need to put Chicago on our list of potential all-go-together places for the future (shortly below Alaska)!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity