Sunday, December 8, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

I have very exciting news to share! But I am not going to tell you until the end of this post, so keep reading. (Or if you are lazy, then just skip to the end, but you will miss out on some good stuff : )

Anyway...

Emerson got to spend his first Thanksgiving in Tennessee. There were clear skies, cold temperatures, lots of family and of course great food! Emerson couldn't really take part in the food, but oh well, something for him to look forward to next year.

We drove, yes DROVE 13 hours to Nashville to visit Jesse's family to spend Thanksgiving week with them. The drive up was not too bad. It seemed to take forever, but all-in-all I think Emerson did great. Anytime I caught myself complaining, I just remembered how much money we were saving by not flying : )

Get ready for family picture overload!

Emerson and Pops.


 
 

Emerson does not like what this fox has to say. Don't worry, it's a fake one.
 
Turkey bottoms are too cute.

Family photo!

 


Turkey bib that Aunt Molly gave Emerson. Is it weird that I think Emerson and the face of the turkey on the bib look alike?



On our walk to the old red barn. It was a beautiful day.

Emerson could barely move his little arms in his puffy coat.

 
 Opryland Hotel Christmas lights.

OK, ready for my news? Emerson is going to get a new cousin! Two actually (not twins). My SIL, Molly announced over Thanksgiving that they are pregnant (due in July) and my brother and his wife are expecting another sweet boy in March. Two separate sides of the family are adding to their numbers and I am so excited for my SILs and for Emerson to gain cousins that are going to be close in age. The holidays will be even more fun next year! Congratulations to Molly and Jonathan Martin and Trace and Sarah Kirkpatrick!

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Now I guess I better get crackin' on that Christmas shopping...



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity