Here's what's new this month:
Eating: Henry got his first taste of table food, toast, and he loved it! He still eats some puree foods, but prefers foods he can feed himself. So far he has had peas, crackers, watermelon, green beans, strawberries, raspberries, bananas, cheese, lemon (liked it), broccoli, pasta, puffs and yogurt melts. He likes to drop his spoon or food to see what I'll do. He thinks it is a fun game, but I'm not playing it anymore!
Activity: He started crawling on all fours just right after he turned 8 months old. Eek.
Pulled up to stand for the first time. The hardest part of course is learning to get back down. It took him several frustrating weeks, but I think he is finally getting the idea of how to sit back down on his own. I can honestly say, that him standing in his crib crying because he could not get down has been my second least favorite challenge this month (the first being early wake-ups, see my complaint below).
Now he can get into a seated position on his own from lying down. This means he can crawl, stand and sit (all in one month)...next up, cruising and walking.
Has found out how to bring his hands together to clap. He doesn't do it out of excitement yet, but it's still very cute to watch. It always surprises him when he does it and will smile because he is so proud of himself.
Henry has also learned how to throw a tantrum. He screams and throws his head back as if the world has ended. I have to laugh at him, because I know what a real two-year-old tantrum looks likes, and Henry's "fits" are a walk in the park.
I've decided Henry is going to be my "climber" child. If he sees something on the ground, he tries to climb it. Usually its my legs, a pillow, toys, his brother, etc.
Sleeping: The early morning wake-ups continue and they need to GO. I do not start my day at 5 or 6 a.m. Someone please inform Henry of this news.
We've pretty much dropped down to just two naps per day. On Wednesday's I try to squeeze in a third cat nap because of church. Sometimes that just back fires on me and he is even crankier.
We hit another glorious Wonder Week. If you are a mom who once had a sweet baby, turn into a monster and suddenly hates sleep, then you need to look up the definition of a wonder week. It will help, I promise.
Doctor Visit Stats:
- Height-29 inches
- Weight- 17 lbs 9 ounces
- Other- My little guy only gained an ounce over three whole months : ( Doctor has suggested a few things to help increase his weight over the next few weeks. Can you blame Henry, though? He has been such a busy boy!
- Took first airplane ride, did pretty well.
- Traveled to Tennessee for the first time to see Gramma and Pops.
- Gets first tooth, bottom right.
- Went to his first parade, the Lumberton Homecoming parade. The loud noises did not bother him.
- Starting to dislike his jumperoo. Now that he's mobile, he doesn't like being stuck in it. Time to put it away!
- Puts everything into his mouth, EVERYTHING.
- First bath in the kitchen sink. He had a really messy dinner : )
- Favorite book is Bubbles, Bubbles...just like big bro.
- Sat in the shopping cart for first time and loved it.
- Dislikes being held like a baby or being rocked : ( He prefers to be upright.
Things to Look Forward to:
- Trip to Tulsa, OK for a wedding and to see Uncle Ty, Aunt Lindsey, Jack and Paxton.
- Trip to Washington D.C. area for a family wedding.
- First Halloween.