Henry taught all of us so much, and hopefully we taught him a thing or two :)
I should have put the sticker on his bottom for this photo shoot.
Other than turning one, another big first for the month was Christmas! He met Santa and did NOT like him, understandable. He opened a present from under the tree all by himself and without me knowing, but great job, bud. He enjoyed celebrating Christmas in Oklahoma with tons of cousins. And he certainly enjoyed opening and playing with all his new toys.
This boy would not sit still!
Here is what all happened this month:
Eating: I started weaning Henry from breast milk. He now only gets breast milk three times a day and gets cows milk with his snacks. He took to cows milk like a champ. He is definitely easier at transitioning to new things, unlike his brother.
Activity: I've noticed Emerson and Henry interacting and "talking" more to each other. I love watching their relationship grow. Henry has started to cruise the furniture and stand up independently, but I still feel like we are still a long ways away from walking. He is also now waves and points to things.
Sleeping: Henry has been hit or miss on naps lately. Some days he takes only one, other days two. It's nice to be able to skip that morning nap and be able to get out and about. But he really needs two naps still. On the days he just takes one, he is cranky and most likely over tired and won't nap well. We are just in the glorious phase of nap transitioning.
Doctor Visit Stats:
- Height: 2 ft, 5 in (75%)
- Weight: 21 lbs (47%)
- Other: We switched pediatricians and I could not be happier! Sometimes the hardest part about moving into a new community is not knowing who and where to go for health care. After living here for over a year, I received lots of good advice about who to go to. Our new pediatrician got lots of great reviews and her husband is a family doctor in the same office, so it's a one stop shop, so to speak.
- Hair is still thin, but it seems to be getting darker and curler in the back, so in other words, he has a mullet.
- Finally seem to be gaining weight. Love seeing rolls on those thighs.
- Said his first word, "Dada."
- Loves giving kisses.
- Has mastered walking in a walker when we play outside.
- Wears a size 4 diaper.
- Wears 12 month clothing.
- Still working on getting his front tooth in, has 5 teeth total.
- Loves reading his Baby Peek-A-Boo book.
- Likes bath time with brother, but only for a short amount of time.
- Does not like being taken in and out of the car seat/stroller.
- Does not like green beans.
- Loves blueberries!