Friday, February 3, 2017

Herny Turns TWO!

Raise your hand if you are super cute and two years old!


T.W.O. I can't believe this little boy is two years old. I officially no longer have babies in my house. I'm not sure how I feel about that yet. But I'm even less sure on how I feel about having two toddlers in my house. Eek!


What a busy year. Changing from a one year old to a two year old might be my most favorite year. There's growth with every year, but there is something about the transition from a baby to a toddler that is so much fun.

Henry is funny, outgoing, rambunctious, sweet and snuggly. I'm so thankful for that last one (snuggly) and hoping it doesn't fade away.

This is what he does when I say "smile". He gives me this goofy smirk.

Having a toddler doesn't come without it's challenges of course. Henry is also stubborn and bossy. The boy can throw down the word "no" faster than I can even spit out my question or command. Henry can you...NO!. Even his yeses start with the word "no". Henry do want so candy?...Noyesss. lol.
 I'm pretty sure he thinks he's the boss around our house despite my power to put him in a timeout...which I most certainly use.


Henry now wears 2T clothes (3T pjs), weighs 28 lbs (79%), and is 3 ft tall (94%). He's a big boy, much bigger than Emerson was at this age.

Those eyes just melt me.


His best and funniest physical quality is his hair! It can put most 80's hairstyles to shame. I mean look at this height. It naturally sticks straight up and it's impossible to tame.

p.s. this is the smashed down and gelled hair version.


And of course we couldn't take some photos without Emerson. This maybe one of the most fun and challenging things about this year. Watching their relationship grow. They are so amazing to watch play together. They really do act like best friends. They always give big hugs to each other, especially when they've gone most of day at school without seeing each other. Their welcome hug could put tears in any mother's eyes. They also fight like brothers, which has led to more tears than I ever imagined. I definitely think the pros out weigh the cons on this one though. : )




Post photo popsicles for the win.


So what's next for this big two year old? A big boy bed and potty training! It will be a year full of adventure and work on our parts as we help him grow into a little boy.

And lastly, I leave you with these few funny outtakes. Not every photo can be a winner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity