Saturday, August 15, 2015

Henry's 6 Months Old

First off, I need to apologize for my blogging absence. But I have a really good reason, we have had no Internet working computer! I can type away on the iPad, but have had no way of uploading pictures and I know that's all you really care about it : ) But I'm back for now, so on I go with this post...
 

Happy half birthday, Henry! I have a feeling we may be celebrating this day more often in the future since the poor kids birthday is so close to Christmas.

Mobility has begun this month! He has learned to roll from back to belly and therefore can now roll both ways. He also has started tucking his legs under him and kicking...first signs of preparing to crawl. Yikes! 

Henry got to celebrate his first Fourth of July. We didn't do anything too exciting, but Henry was happy and content doing whatever we did. He only cried once when we popped a firework and I think that's because it scared Emerson and he was crying as well. The rest of the time he was fine. He also slept through all the evening chaos in our neighborhood, thank goodness!


 

Here is a breakdown of this months activities: 

Eating: Still eating breast milk every 2.5-3 hours. This is a huge milestone for me as well! My goal is to make it a year, so we are half way there. We don't do bottles too often, so he isn't that great at taking one, but it's getting better. I have also started making his baby food. We are going on a vacation and I don't want to mess with starting solids on the trip, so I'm getting it all ready for when we get back. 

 
Activity: He's our little Rollie Pollie now. At the start of the month, he had the problem with rolling from back to belly, but hated being on his belly and seemed to get so upset that he forgot how to roll back over. Baby problems! We started doing more tummy time and that helped out. By the end of the month he was a pro. 

Towards the end of this month he started sitting up tri-pod style for a few seconds. I remember it taking Emerson a little while longer to figure out sitting up as well, maybe it's because they are so long and lean it's more to balance? That's my theory anyway. 

Henry and Emerson have started to "play" together some. As much play as a toddler and baby can do anyway. It's a lot of Emerson shoving a toy at Henry and Henry laughing. It makes my heart so happy to see.

 
Sleeping: This was a big sleep accomplishment month! We transitioned him out of his Merlin's Magic Sleep Suite (which really was magic) and he started sleeping on his belly. It was a few rough days of transitioning. We started with naps and then once I felt comfortable with his rolling abilities, we worked on nights. He did really good at nighttime. 

We are consistently down to three naps in his crib. Still sleeping in our room (um, closet) at night. Hopefully after vacation we can get him moved up to his room for nighttime. I know I am ready to get my own space back! 

One night this month he slept ALL night! He hasn't done that in months. Hasn't happened since, but it was a nice surprise, so I'll take it.


Doctor Visit Stats:
- Height: 27 inches
- Weight: 17 lbs 8 oz (a whole pound bigger then his brother at this age)

Likes, Dislikes and Other Milestones:
 
- Started biting his lower lip.
- Loves to smile! He has the most precious, shy smile. He always gets a huge grin and ducks his head or buries it in my shoulder.
- Celebrated first Fourth of July.
- Still loves bath time. 
- Doesn't mind his car seat or car rides. 
- Likes to play with his stuffed giraffe or moose while in the car. 
- Went to Sunday morning Bible class for the first time. He cried the first Sunday, but after that was fine.
- The ear piercing scream continues : (
- Does not like it when brother is in his space.


Things to Look Forward to:
 
- Beach vacation! First time to see the ocean.
- Starting solids.
- Getting moved up to his own room.

Big things to come next month!



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity