Thursday, July 1, 2010

New Job!

I officially have a job!!!! Can you tell I am a bit excited? It has been a tough two months of never ending searching and rejection...it can really take a toll on yourself.

Who I (will) work for: United Way

What is United Way? A non-profit organization that works with nearly 1,300 local United Way offices throughout the country in a coalition of charitable organizations to pool efforts in fund raising and support. The focus of United Way is identifying and resolving pressing community issues, as well as making measurable changes in the communities through partnerships with schools, government agencies, businesses, organized labor, financial institutions, community development corporations, voluntary and neighborhood associations, the faith community, and others. The issues United Way offices focus on are determined locally because of the diversity of the communities served. However, the main focus areas include Education, Income and Health.
According to (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Way_of_America)

My title: Assistant to the campaigns and marketing director.

What I will do: I get to work on every detail on putting on an event, some writing of press releases and letters to supporters/volunteers, find volunteers and financial supporters for our events, work with some Photoshop and InDesign for fliers and such and of course answer phones and stuff envelopes. This is a new position they are creating, so I will get to help define it.

This job is right up my ally. I love working with the community and having that since of attachment to where I live. I start Tuesday July 6th, so I will let you all know how it goes.

1 comment:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity