Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pillow Fight

The great debate in the McKee household over the past few months has been over pillows (of all things).
I have brought home six pairs of pillows over the past three months or so! Yes, six! You just never know what the pillow really looks like until you get it home, and even then if I liked the color it had to pass the husband.
The Pillow Fight:
Pillow 1: Burnt Orange, The Problem: Jesse thought it looked too much like Texas orange.
Pillow 2: Lime green and brown. The Problem: I know what you are thinking, the colors actually looked good together, and I loved the pattern, but it had fringe on it and that made it look old lady(ish).
Pillow 3 & 4: Patterned bright blue with a fun solid green pillow as an accent. The problem: Jesse hated the color combo, but I liked it.
Pillow 5: Patterned multi-color circle pillow. Problem: not enough color, too beige, plus Jesse thought it looked like a clown pillow.
And then finally, one day as I was too tired to shop and it was raining outside I decided to push through Bed, Bath and Beyond one more time and there it was, my perfect pillow (or at least in my mind). It was colorful and had the right shades of green (my favorite color) to match our fun and funky green chair. Plus with all of the other colors in it I can now have a wide array of accent color choices to decorate the room with.


THE WINNER

The lesson I took away from this pillow hunting experience: I should be thankful that our only marital problems are what our living room pillows should be. And I should be thankful that Dillard's, Bed, Bath and Beyond, and Pier 1 all have excellent return policies.


-Heather


Vote: See my voting panel to decide which accent color I should go with- purple, blue, green, or orange.

3 comments:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity