Teething is also in full force, probably another reason why he puts everything in his mouth. Unfortunately we have no teeth to show for it....not yet anyway.
Sitting up by himself is also something new this month! He sits up tripod style and can only hold himself up for a few seconds, but he is getting better and better at it.
Here is a breakdown of his activity this month:
Sleeping: It is still hit or miss on sleeping through the night. He usually will wake up around 3 a.m. to eat and then wakes again around 5 a.m. just talking away. That is too early for me to start the day so I usually just treat it like a night waking and feed him and rock him back to sleep. One time he slept ALL night long for a whole week, I couldn't believe it, but now were back to the usual wake up times. I hope sleeping through the night becomes a more permanent thing soon.
We hit a rough patch this month with naps. He would fight naps and then would only sleep for 20-30 minutes. But thankfully we are back on track now. Emerson has never been a long napper, but at least he now is taking 45 min-1 hour naps again. He still naps 3-4 times a day and is only awake for about two hours in between naps.
Eating: I decided to skip the rice cereal phase and plan to just wait until he is six months old to start solids. His first food will be avocados, then bananas, then I have no idea : ) There are so many rules to follow!
Activity: Emerson got a new toy, a jumperoo! He wasn't too sure about it at first, but he now likes it. He still only likes to play with one thing for about 15 minutes at a time. I thought with age he would learn to play more by himself, but I am learning that it's just part of his personality. He gets bored easy, and he loves to be held by his momma.
During tummy time he can raise himself really well and he kicks his legs, a sign that crawling is in our future, yikes! When you lie him on his back, he automatically wants to sit up so he tries so hard to raise himself up. He looks like a turtle on his back : )
Doctor visit stats:
- Weight: 16 lbs (ish)
- Height: Unknown
- Other: No doctor appointment this month, but we did have to make several trips to the surgeons office. I am afraid we have a new bump : (
Bald head shot.
- Went to a playgroup with church friends.
- Grammy and granddad came to visit.
- Went to first OSU football game.
- Went to Mother Goose story time for the fist time at the library.
- Caught him sucking on his toes. He loves to grab his toes.
- He has figured out how to take his paci out, but gets mad because he can't put it back in.
- Loves to play games such as Peek-A-Boo and Tug-O-War with his blanket.
- Loves to put my hair and fingers in his mouth.
- Started to rub his eyes when he is tired, so cute.
- He can smack his lips. I try and tell him to blow kisses when he does it.
- Blows spit bubbles!
- Sat in a high chair at a restaurant for the first time.
- Is starting to recognize his name.
- Emerson and I took our first road trip without Jesse. It was scary for me, but he did great. He slept a ton.
- Does not like it when I leave the room.
- Still wears size 2 diapers.
- Wearing 6-9 month clothes.
Such good friends with his whale buddy.
Things to look forward to:
We are traveling to Knoxville to see Gramma and Pops! Jesse and his dad are going to a Tennessee game while Gramma, Emerson and I hang out. He will also get to see his Aunt Molly and Uncle Jonathan, and get to meet Uncle Evan for the first time.
Look how big he looks in the rocker! He is growing so fast.