Monday, September 30, 2013

Happenings Lately- September

Emerson and I made our first road trip all by ourselves! We went all the way to Elgin, OK to visit my family, a seven hour drive.

I was really nervous about doing this all by myself. The logistics of eating and making pit stops seemed like a nightmare, but Emerson did great. We only had to make a few stops for him to eat and get a diaper change, the rest of the time he slept. Some crying was involved, but it was short lived.

Naps on Grammy = spoiled

These two were so happy to see each other once we got back home.

The next week we had good friends from Oklahoma come visit us, the Bolitho family. Michael and Jesse work for the same company (in different states unfortunately), and we lived in the same towns in Oklahoma for a few years before we moved to Houston.

We had a great time seeing all of them and wish they would move here! (I hope you are reading this Kirby ; )

Calen, their oldest son, turned three years old while they were here, so we had to have a party of course!

We also went to the Children's Museum, which Emerson loved! Well, as much as a 5 month old can love anything I guess. He stayed alert the whole time and did very well sitting in his stroller, which he normally doesn't do.

"It's my first visit!"

His favorite were the mirrors.

Kind of blurry, but love his goofy face in this one.

The only pic of all four of the kids. Emerson wanted to play with them.

On another note, I have been thinking a lot about the upcoming holidays, and I am getting pretty excited to share them all with Emerson this year!

We still don't have his Halloween costume, not sure what he will be yet, but I am sure he will look cute : )

I have started putting together his outfit for Thanksgiving. Thanks to Carter's and Aunt Molly, we are almost done with it.

Gobble, Gobble, Gobble

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity