Thursday, April 9, 2015

Confessions of a Mom of Two

  • I am always tired, but somehow it doesn't seem to bother me.
  • I thought I was a patient person...and then my baby grew into a monster, I mean toddler.
  • Newborns are WAY easy compared to monsters, I mean toddlers.
  • Showers are still like mini vacations.
  • Laundry never ends. Somehow adding an 8 pound human to our family has extended my laundry duties by three days. It just doesn't add up.
  • Cooking is considered a success if I get something on the table that doesn't get burnt because I forgot about it.
  • I sometimes miss it being just Emerson and I playing. And then I also miss it being just Henry and I snuggling. Having two is definitely a balancing act physically and emotionally.
  • I have become the exact definition of "skinny, fat." Not sure if my body will ever bounce back.
  • I am having a fashion identity crisis. I so desperately want to pull off the cool mom/weekender outfits. Casual, but still chic. You know exactly what I mean. That mom who is in skinny jeans, a cute top and just the right amount of accessories. Instead I end up in t-shirts from college and outdated clothes. I give myself a little slack considering I have pretty much worn maternity clothes the past couple of years.
And for my final confession (as of today)...
  • I am never alone. EVER. There is always a child I am holding or is in my lap. If I complain, my husband gently reminds me that someday my children won't want to sit in my lap or be held, and then I cry because I can't imagine a life without me holding a child.
Sometimes you just need to be put in your place and remember that they are only little for so long. Love my life and sweet babies. 

2 comments:

  1. I have a feeling you are going to need to talk me through all these emotions in the coming months!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, there are lots of emotions to sort through, but most of them joy : ) I am a phone call away when you just end to cry

      Delete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity