Sunday, April 12, 2015

Henry's 3 Months Old

Today has been bittersweet for me. I love watching my baby grow, but this month he has really grown away from his newborn phase and is turning into a more alert baby and I can already see his little personality shine through.

He is already a quarter of the way done with his first year! In 9 months we'll be celebrating his first birthday! Am I the mom who thinks this way?

My favorite thing about this month has been his smile. He has started to give out social smiles freely to anyone who will smile and make funny faces at him. He smiles with his whole mouth open, it is adorable.  I love this phase!

Here is a break down of this month:

Sleeping: Henry seems to be doing really well in this department still. For the first time this month he slept all night long! A good 10 hour stretch. He only did it once, but it gives me hope.  

He goes to bed between 7:30-9 p.m., wakes around 4 a.m. and then up for the day between 7-8 a.m. He wakes up usually just once in the middle of the night, but sometimes twice. I'm just happy that he goes right back to sleep if he does wake up. He takes 4 naps during the day, each about an hour long. He seems to have forgotten how to take a three hour nap : ) The only thing we currently struggle with is getting him to stay asleep at bedtime. He will go down easily, but within 10-45 minutes he is back up. We do this song and dance a few times before he finally decides to settle down completly for the night.  

Due to his doctors recommendation, I decided it was time to ditch the Rock n' Play and have him start sleeping flat in the Pack n' Play at night and in his crib for naps. The first night we tried this was horrible! He was awake every single hour! I had no idea he was so addicted to the Rock n' Play. Out of desperation I purchased something called Merlin's Magic Sleep suite and it has done wonders for us. It is made to help transition babies out of swaddles (or in our case, the Rock n' Play). It really has been magical, lol.

I am working more on putting Henry down "drowsy but awake" (man I really hate that phrase) and it seems to be going well. He is so much better at being put down and drifting off to sleep than Emerson ever was, which I am so thankful for because I just don't have the luxury to rock Henry to sleep every time...although I desperately wish I could.



Eating: Eating every 2.5 hours pretty consistently. Can't wait to stretch those times out a bit more. This month he definitely has become more distracted while eating. Unfortunately eating in a quite environment isn't always an option with Emerson running around.

Activity: I got out a little mirror that has music and lights on it for the car. Henry loves it! He thinks that smiling baby is pretty cute and funny. He has also started "talking" more and more. I just love all those cute baby sounds he makes.

I have been working more on tummy time and he seems to be doing better with it, although still not a favorite activity. He does love to be put on the floor so he can wiggle around. 

Has started noticing his toys and will try to swat at them. This has opened up a whole new form of entertainment. Now he is pretty content being left alone on the floor for a good 45 minutes.  



Doctor Visit Stats:
  • Height: ?
  • Weight: 11 lbs 12 oz
  • Other: Had to take him to the doctor for cold symptoms. Really I just needed to take Emerson, but since he had similar junk going on, I had him looked at too. Thankfully it was just a cold and it ran it's course. Not much you can do for them when they are this little.
I captured one little smirk!

Likes, Dislikes and Other Milestones:
  • Found his hands and loves it when they find there way to his mouth.
  • Hates having tummy troubles because it wakes him up at night (momma hates it too).
  • Wearing size 2 diapers.
  • Wearing 3-6 month clothing.
  • Stared loosing all his hair! He has become my bald little baby.
  • Hates sleeping in the Pack n' Play.
  • Loves floor time when Emerson is not around : )
Things to look forward to:
  • Celebrating Emerson's and Momma's birthday! And that's about it : ) We don't have alot going on this month.
 Not our usual photo shoot pose, but I just love this picture too much not to share.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity