Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Newborn Photo Shoot

Note: This post is just a tad overdue : )

I think I mentioned it before, but we had decided (before Emerson was born) to skip the whole professional photographer newborn photo shoot thing and do it ourselves.

Well, as a new mom, I would not recommend this. I was tired, baby was tired, I was emotional and I really had no clue what I was doing. I had prepared and practiced lighting shots prior to Emerson arriving, but it is totally different with a live, wiggly, crying baby...plus an exhausted mom. 

Since I wasn't happy with my photo outcomes, we opted to go somewhere fast and "cheap" so we went to JCPenney to have them taken.

We did not have a very good experience with them for many reason that I won't go into. Unless JCPenney management is reading this and they want to know how they can better their services and they want to give me my money back, then I will happily list out my complaints. Worth a shot.

My favorite part was when the young (high school looking) photographer was telling ME how to calm my baby down. Hello, I am his mother, I know what I am doing here! A second close was when he told me he looked hungry and I should probably feed him. Umm no, he just ate and he is crying because he is a baby. I digress.

All that being said, here are a few of the pictures that turned out OK. Just OK.
 




 

Although I wasn't happy with the outcome, they were still better then the ones I took and I am glad I have "professional" photos of him as a newborn.
 
I should also note that he is technically one month old in these photos. Not fresh out of the oven, but a newborn nonetheless.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity