As I was typing a new blog post I noticed there was one I never posted, then I looked at the date. I typed it on April 15, just a few days before I went to the hospital to deliver Emerson. I guess I had had typed it meaning to go back and edited/proof read, but then life happened and Emerson decided to arrive a little early.
I thought about just deleting it, but after a second thought, I decided I wanted to remember what was going through my head before he arrived so I am opting to go ahead and publish it so I have these memories to look back on.
Without further ado, here were my random thoughts before Emerson was born (along with my current thoughts):
- Two more weeks until the due date, but I am ready for this baby to come out! (someone must have read my mind, haha).
- I go back and forth on being excited and terrified about baby boy arriving. Mainly excited.(I was petrified in the hospital, but so happy once he arrived).
- We had planned to go out to dinner with friends at Chuy's, but were so surprised when several of our other friends also came, a mini surprise party. They wrote funny sayings on diapers so that during mid-night changing sessions we would have something to laugh at. (I am not actually using these diapers, keeping them for memory sake).
- Jesse and I went on our last big date night to a steakhouse place, Brenners. It was nice to get dressed up and have a nice dinner. (Since then we have been to a nice place with E in toe, maybe for our anniversary we can go out again, just the two of us).
- I am very saddened by the Boston bombing. Makes me scared to bring a child into this world when stuff like that is going on. I guess I will just have to raise a very brave, strong Christian young man. (so many other sad things have happened since: West, Texas fire, Moore, Oklahoma tornado, several firefighters dying tragically in Houston...).
- Got a final pedicure a few weeks ago. The color came out more orange than pink, so not too happy about that, but at least I have pretty toes! (have had another pedicure sense E has arrived, I went with a safe bright pink color : ).
- I have been saying "final" a lot : ) (now I am saying "hi" all the time to get E to smile).
- I can't get enough fruit and cereal. (Still the case, guess it wasn't a pregnancy thing and just a Heather thing).
- I am actually looking forward to working out again and am ready to loose this baby weight. I think it's because I am seeing so many cute bathing suits and people in Houston already have dark tans. (I have sort of started working out again and am trying to catch some sun when E naps, but still not confident in a bathing suit, maybe I'll be ready next summer).
- I started a photo book on Shutterfly. It's my first one so I am excited to play around with it and see how it turns out. (Still not finished!).